‘Ottawa’ Grease Fire Causes $30,000 Damage
Firefighters used a “fast attack” to quickly knock down a stove-top grease fire reported by an Orléans homeowner Sunday evening.
The Tooney Drive resident called for help at 6:27 p.m. for the stovetop fire, which had spread to the kitchen cupboards. When fire crews arrived, there smoke coming out of the side of the house.
Ten minutes later the initial call, the blaze was under control, and the all-clear was sounded five minutes later.
Damage was estimated at $30,000. No one was injured or displaced.