‘Ottawa’ Patients Told not to go to Carleton Place Hospital after Police Investigate ‘Incident’
Patients were being advised not to go to the Carleton Place hospital Monday morning as provincial police investigated an “incident.”
Emergency services is also responding at the Carleton Place and District Memorial Hospital. The hospital has not released any details of the incident. No decision has been made to evacuate, said the hospital in a statement this morning. Updates were to be posted on the hospital website.
The OPP is urging people to avoid the area around the hospital at 211 Lake Avenue East. Patients have been asked not to come to the hospital, and any appointments will be rescheduled.
Const. Dave Bird said police were dispatched to the hospital after receiving a call at 6:48 a.m. Access to the hospital is restricted at this time.
Earlier reports said there had been an evacuation at the hospital. Bird said there was not a full evacuation. However, there may have been a “lockdown situation.”
The hospital CEO, Mary Wilson Trider, is expected to make a statement Monday morning. The OPP are also investigating and will release further details.