(NC) — The holiday season is an expensive time of year. As we progress into the New Year it comes as no surprise that Canadians are looking for great deals and ways to stretch their dollar even further. Many resolutions will feature tactics for Canadians to save money and take advantage of financial opportunities wherever possible. One increasingly popular method that Canadians are capitalizing on is registering for in-store loyalty programs.
A new survey conducted by the team at President’s Choice in conjunction with the national launch of the PC Plus rewards program revealed that 89 per cent of Canadians currently use a loyalty rewards card.
“The reality is most of us will have to work with a limited budget after the holidays and sometimes it’s difficult to find ways to save money” says Kathy Buckworth, Chief Family Advisor for PC Financial and PC Plus. “By planning ahead and taking advantage of coupons and in-store loyalty programs, families can really stretch their dollars and help pay down holiday bills”.
The survey also revealed that:
• We’re savers – 90% of Canadians with rewards cards save their points instead of spending them immediately
• Half of Canadians with rewards cards spend their points on items they typically buy, while 34 per cent use points to treat themselves to something special
• Women (62 per cent) are much more excited than men (45 per cent) about redeeming their reward points, claiming they are “ecstatic” to redeem them
• We love a good deal – 55 per cent of Canadians with rewards cards say the point value of a product sometimes or always influences their decision to purchase, while 31 per cent of Canadians are likely to buy a product that wasn’t on their shopping list, just to earn more points
• Double duty – 40 per cent of Canadians with rewards cards share their card with someone so they can earn more points. Of these, 71 per cent share their loyalty card with their spouse to earn more points.
For more information or to sign up for the PC Plus rewards program visit pc.ca or pick up your card in-store at your local Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore, Atlantic Superstore, Zehrs Markets.